Thursday, June 10, 2010

Does it take time to call someone a friend? To know what annoys them, what makes them smile, or even what their favorite food is. Does it really take years to be able to call someone a friend? No, not for me. It took me approximately 5 days to call my fellow summer scholars friends. It took 5 days to know that Laura Duran was originaly from Campeche but now resides in Fremont and enjoyes playing soccer. It took me 5 days to know that Laura Magana enjoys drawing and to know that we are similar in so many ways, that's actually kind of creepy. It only took me 5 days to call these “weirdo’s” my friends.

One question you might be thinking of is how did me making new friends happen? It’s simple, I talked and talked and, talked some more. We would talk about the schools we attend and what we enjoyed doing also were we're from. We interacted with each other by hanging 40 ft up in the Camp Carol Joy Holling center, we not only interacted but we also trusted each other, that is if we wanted to finish the course. We got to know each other’s food taste during lunch. When one person would say “ew this tastes nasty!”, and I would ask them what do you like, they would go on and tell me. You would know if they were athletic when they would ask you every opportunity they had to invite us to play outside. We knew what bugged each other first by facial expressions; I mean who doesn’t use them? Also, when they would sigh, you knew they weren’t content. All these little things added up to create big enormous things. They added up to create something called “Friendship”. They might not be with me forever and I might not see them after this month. I do know that if I get the chance to keep on being friends with these students, I will take that chance and never let go. These students or better yet friends are different and unique; they simply are the Summer Scholars of 2010, simply the best.

Not only did I make new friends, I also got to work under the RTA’s. They were all strict at their time and look mean at first. Once you got to know them and know the buttons not to push you realized that they also have a purpose which is to help us out with our present day and future days. One of the RTA’s that I could say got along with was Car’Lika, or how I like to call her Carrrrrr‘ Lika. She was one of my leaders at the Holling center there I noticed the leader characteristics that she had. Later one I found out that she had buttons and knew that I could not touch them at all. I enjoyed spending time with all the RTA’s and getting to know them. Thank you RTA’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment