Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My First Week as a College Student

The first thing that went through my head when I entered the UNO college class was “ I’m a college student, I’m pretty tight”. I didn’t know what to expect, or how should I act. I sat down and took out my utensils. I was ready for whatever he threw at me. He comes in and says “Good morning scholars”, then he gets ready and then he does what he does best, he starts talking. Of course I start taking notes, I took like 5 pages of notes front and back it was pretty intense, but soon I got used to it.

Then the days passed and I was excited to go to school everyday, I just wasn’t excited getting up so early. I enjoyed going to college 101 class, it was my favorite class. I got to hang out with kids that weren’t in my History class, it was just a more relaxed atmosphere. Don’t get it wrong it was also pretty intense in there too. We had to be paying attention all the time and the blogs plus the work for your class and you life outside, its quit a bit of stuff to juggle. Don’t forget about the RTA’s they helped a lot to when they could.

But overall my college experience has been awesome. I get to have a taste of what it’s all about. I’ve gotten a taste of the stress of reading 80 pages a day. It’s as hard as you make it. You need to set what’s most important up top, and then go down the list. I’ve met awesome people that will be there for me whenever I need them(Hopefully). I’m glad that I found out about this program and that I got to have the opportunity to meet people from a diverse background.

No comments:

Post a Comment